Saturday, April 22, 2006

N.E. Heatbreak

Like Eddie Kane Jr. said - "I still got it!"

New Edition hits D.C.'s Constitution Hall in exactly one week. When they came last year, they opened for Brian McKnight. Yep, I said "opened." What the - - - - ! The first modern-day black boy band since the Jackson 5 opened for mid-life crisis, S-curl wearin' Brian McKnight.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I have only one person to blame...Sean Puffy P.Diddy John Combs. Take that, take that. I didn't ask him for the hottest pin-striped suit. I demanded him to not f*%# up my boys' careers. We got a medium cool track ("Hot Tonite" - the only single), no B.Brown guest appearances, a somewhat hot video, and only to be demeaned to an "opening" act. At this point in the game...every music career the Puff-ster touches goes to sh*#. God and Terrence Howard helped Mary J. rebound from 'Love & Life.' (If you didn't see the "Got To Be" video...you're lost by the Terrence Howard comment.)

So what they looked out of breath, shape, and tune on BET's 25th Anniversary. So what Bobby Brown made you think ODB (Old Dirty Bastard for the hip-hop impaired) had been re-incarnated. They STILL GOT IT!!


Anyway...my boys will be back...next Saturday, April 29th...and this time....they are NOT opening. (Speaking of opening...K-Ci & JoJo get those honors this time. I pray for sobriety....not for me...for them...so I can enjoy the show!)

7 Comments:

Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

OMG! You finally join the blog world and this is your first post? Are you for serious (as my little cousin would say)? Yean really offended, are you? Yean take their opening for Mr. McKnight that hard, did you? WHY?

That aside, *crackin d hell up* @ "mid-life crisis, S-curl wearin Brian McKnight." You simple, joe.

Oh. One more question: whose fault is it that artists still sign with Puffy? If you can see that every artist's career he touches goes to sh*#, why can't they?

Oh again. HEY, GOODIE! WELCOME, HUN! LET ME GIVE YOU YOUR PROPER PLACE UNDER MY LINKS...NUMBER ONE, BABY!

Nice links, too. I'm about to go back and read the definition of a nigger and racism.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

Ok I am cracking up! Po B. McKnight. I'm like first off, how you singin love songs but yo marriage some shit.. please get! I'm sorry I'm not an NE fan but I respect the fact that you are! Welcome to da blog world..dis shit is ADDICTIVE!

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger a.Marie said...

Leslie...

Man..you know I live by no rules. I flow with what's on my mind. My tickets came in the mail over the weekend...and made me think about the fact that this is probably their last tour.

Hmmm...gotta go blog a thought.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:42:00 PM  
Blogger a.Marie said...

DurtyMo...

I left some comments on your site.

I agree...this shit can cause you to go to some meetings and sit in a semi-circle and introduce yourself.

Holla.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

Saw your link on my Twins site (Leslie) so I figure a friend of hers...

Anyway, enjoyed the first blog, despite the fact that I cant stand the modern day NE. It's all good, everything ain't for everybody and least we agree on Brian McKnight....he clearly don't know he has gone gone gone da hell outta style.

One!

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger DurtyMo said...

lol@ sit n a semi cirlce *hilarious*

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:46:00 AM  
Blogger Organized Noise said...

I just saw New Edition in NYC last night (April 28) and if you see what I saw last night, you'll definitely get your money's worth. K-Ci & JoJo weren't that bad either. Let's compare notes when you get back from the show. I'm going to post about it now.

Saturday, April 29, 2006 10:05:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home